Monday, October 8, 2007

Oct 8 - Romney's View on Evolution

At the first Republican debate, there was a question of Mitt Romney's stance on evolution. He later expanded on his belief in an interview. This view could put him in opposition to some conservative Christians. Seeing that Mitt Romney needs the vote of the conservative Christians to win the election, his view is quite controversial.

In the interview Mitt Romney said, “I believe that God designed the universe and created the universe,” “And I believe evolution is most likely the process he used to create the human body.”

He was asked: Is that intelligent design?

“I’m not exactly sure what is meant by intelligent design,” he said. “But I believe God is intelligent and I believe he designed the creation. And I believe he used the process of evolution to create the human body.”


No comments: